Specialized Transition Ministers
The Specialized Transition (Interim) Minister will be very helpful for many churches as they go through a pastor transition. This is an important time in the life of the church. Here are a few of the reasons why:
- The in-between-pastors-time is often a time of change, a time with both hazards and opportunities.
- As a church closes one chapter of ministry, it needs to carefully assess, who it is and what is God’s vision for the next chapter of their ministry.
- Rather than quickly trying to find a pastor who is just like or totally different from the previous pastor, a congregation needs to think through what kind of pastor it needs to lead it into God’s vision.
- The transition is a time to get our bearings and to unify around a new clear sense of direction.
- Video Information about Specialized Transitional Ministers
- Regional Synod of the Great Lakes Video on the benefits of STM’s
- Specialized Transition Minister Handbook
Contact the Regional Synod of Mid-America office for more information.